JSR manufactures binder materials for lithium ion batteries since 1995. Lithium ion capacitors are innovative next-generation electricity storage devices that combine a large energy storage capacity with a high power. JSR's binder materials offer significant improvements in safety, performance and manufacturing cost compared to traditional binders.
As a key supplier to the chemical industry, JSR offers several solutions for green energy applications:
- Lithium Ion Capacitor
- Water based binder for battery electrodes
- As a Lab Technician you will support the Senior Application Engineer on energy storage related problems.
- As such, you will be part of a small team of researchers who work in our test laboratory, producing glue for the battery industry.
- Together you will carry out experiments and run viscosity and electromechanical checks, in order to investigate and analyse the results and report the outcome.
- As a Lab Technician you will be at the cradle of newly developed and newly emerging technological solutions in a multicultural environment.
- You will be responsible for the fluent day-to-day operation of the laboratory.
- The position of Lab Technician does not have to be the end of the road. When you have acquired the necessary experience, you will get the opportunity to move on to the position of Application Engineer and conduct customer visits to provide in-depth technical expertise and hands-on support.
- In the future, you will also collaborate closely with our corporate R&D Department in Japan.
- You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Chemistry.
- As a Lab Technician you have a profound interest in electro-chemical measurements and energy storage, and pioneering work excites you.
- You have a very good knowledge of English. Dutch and other European languages are a plus.
- You are very inquisitive by nature and have the patience accurately to follow our protocols and procedures while performing laboratory tests.
- As an ambitious Lab Technician you are eager to work independently and organise the daily operations of our laboratory.
- You are familiar with different laboratory tests, such as pH, viscosity, rheometry and electrochemical measurements.
- As a Lab Technician you carefully follow the safety and quality regulations of a chemical laboratory.
- You have the ambition and potential to be promoted to the position of Application Engineer, working closely together with our customers.
- JSR Micro offers an attractive remuneration package in line with your experience and qualifications.
- As a Lab Technician you will be joining our headquarters in Leuven, where you will be working in a multicultural environment where the boundaries of technology are challenged every day.